Sunday, September 30, 2007

Update on the Ravena 98 Reunion

Okay, the planning for our reunion is in motion. The committee met today for the first time. We have decided to have a day of activities - a picnic with a big BBQ for lunch, families included somewhere close to town....and then a smaller snack buffet that evening somewhere in Albany (or possibly Saratoga??) with drinking and dancing. We are looking into the venues and availability and pricing will determine the date. We have decided to look for late April, August, or late September. There will be more to follow....

Right now we need some help with the details. First, the committee would like to know how much we are all willing to spend, per person, on the events. We figure that some people will come to the BBQ, some to the evening affair, and some to both. We would like to keep prices reasonable, but we would like to know what everyone thinks are reasonable so we know what we are shooting for!!

Second, we have decided to do a slide show of photos from the past and present. If you would like to contribute, please send me 4-5 photos from high school and/or of you or your family now. The sooner you can get these to me, the better (110 Morehouse Rd., Ravena, 12143 or even better, email them to me at melpotter22@yahoo.com).

Third, we are going to be attempting to put together a memory book. We would like to have a current picture of you and/or your family with a short bio of what you have been doing since high school. Again, you can either send these to me by snail mail or by email...and the sooner the better!!

Fourth, we are still missing several people. If anyone knows how to get in touch with the following people, please let me know

  • Jonathan Barrett
  • Rebecca Curless
  • Tom Martone
  • Nicole Bonney
  • Ryan Merritt
  • Tricia Moore
  • Josh Bradley
  • Justin Parmalee
  • Edwin Pounds
  • Nicole Conrad
  • Ray Quick
  • Lauren Radliff
  • Terry Reddix
  • Erica Roll
  • Cristal Seibert
  • Zach Tice
  • Jose Vasquez
  • Charles Wilsey

Finally, I need to make sure that I have the correct email address for you all. Even if you have no comments to make or anything to get back to me with, will you please just send me a quick email to let me know that you have received this message. We will be sending a large number of the invitations by email, and I want to make sure that we have the correct email addresses for you. If I do not hear back from you by the end of October, I will assume this is not a good way to contact you and will attempt to contact you another way. Keep your eye out towards the end of the year for an invitation. As soon as we get all the details together, we plan to send out invitations. We will be offering discounted prices for anyone who pays in full in advance (to defray the costs of making venue deposits!) and will be needing to get head counts at that time.

Thanks so much for being part of this and getting excited to make our class reunion great!! If you have any comments on what has been planned so far or want to add anything to the committees ideas at all, please feel free to contact me by email or at 756-6282.

Melanie Potter and the 98 Reunion Committee

1 comment:

Shana said...

First, I can't wait for our reunion. Other than the fact that I realize we are getting old, I am excited to see what everyone is up to since high school. I must say I have managed to lose contact with almost everyone from high school and hope to reconnect with old friends. I never realized how small our school was and how cool it was to know just about everyone, even if we weren't close friends. I now work at a college with Freshmen who have attended high schools with thousands of students in their school. That's crazy to me.

I hope to see a lot of people at the reunion and I am excited to a part of the planning process